Placeholder canvas

Child Support

Commitment to providing personalized legal counsel

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Child Support Lawyers

Pennsylvania child support follows guidelines that are set by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. The court considers a number of factors when determining child support, including the income of both parents, the number of children, the educational needs of the children and any child obligations that one party may have from a previous relationship.

Child support must be paid until a child turns 18 or graduates from high school, whichever occurs later. As with spousal support, property division and many other aspects of family law, Pennsylvania child support can be resolved through negotiation between both parties.

Experienced Pittsburgh Child Support Attorneys

Whether you expect to receive child support or you will be a noncustodial parent who will pay child support, the lawyers at McCarthy McEnroe Rosinski & Joy can protect your rights and the rights of your children.

We take the time to fully understand the financial circumstances that will affect the amount of child support that is ordered. If necessary, we will work with forensic accountants and other specialists to gain an accurate picture of the income of your child’s other parent.

It is not uncommon for a party to attempt to hide income or provide incomplete or inaccurate information regarding income and assets to lower child support payments. If necessary, we will work with forensic accountants, tax specialists, business valuators and others who can bring clarity to the total financial picture in order to obtain a fair judgment regarding child support.

A parent who willfully fails to make court-ordered child support payments may be held in contempt. Penalties may include a fine and jail time, and the parent will be required to make up for all missed child support payments. If a significant change in circumstances warrants a change to child support payments, the court may modify the child support order.

Contact McCarthy McEnroe Rosinski & Joy for an initial consultation


How Can We Help You?

Skip to content